Army Family Action Plan
- Issues are collected at the installation level and divided into specific areas such as Medical/Dental, Benefits and Entitlements, and Consumer Services.
- Delegates are made up of Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, Retirees, DA Civilians, Family Members, and Surviving Spouses from Redstone Arsenal.
- Delegates review and prioritize issues which are presented to the Garrison Commander at a brief-out session on the final day of the conference.
- Issues that are able to be resolved at the local level are worked until deemed complete or unttainable.
- Issues that are beyond the scope of the Redstone Arsenal are forwarded to the next level, Army Matieral Command (AMC).
- Issues not resolved at AMC may be sent to DA for inclusion into the AFAP process.
- Those issues at DA are reviewed and worked by the General Officer Steering Committee (GOSC) until completion.
- HQDA Issues Update Book Active Issues February 2015 - Active Issues.
- HQ Issues Update Book Completed and Unattainable February 2015 - Competed and Unattainable.
- AFAP Survey
Help us improve Redstone Arsenal with your ideas and feedback by submitting your issue using link below !!
- Submit issues for Team Redstone Community Action Plan
- Team Redstone Community AFAP Issues FY 15
Please, take our Survey
You can submit a suggestion to improve Redstone Arsenal through Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE)
You can also submit AFAP issues directly year round by going to Army Family Action Plan Issue Management System.
- Service member's Group Life Insurance increased from $50,000 to $200,000.
- Soldiers may store a vehicle at government expenses if PCs to location vehicle not allowed.
- Thrift Savings Plan was authorized
- Redstone Arsenal Child Development Center and School Age Center closing hours were changed from 5:30pm to 6:00pm.
- Satellite Vehicle Registration and Licensing center was created to accommodate the Redstone Arsenal Community.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
The Team Redstone Army Family Action Plan (AFAP) is an Army-wide initiative to identify issues or concerns to improve the overall Quality of Life for Active duty, Army National Guard, and Army Reserve Soldiers, retirees and their Families, and the Department of the Army Civilians.
This process is used to identify the most critical well-being issues facing the Army today and present them to senior Army leadership for resolution:
Examples of Redstone Arsenal Success Stories
If interested in volunteering for the conference staff positions, please contact the AFAP Program Manager.