Army Emergency Relief
- Rent or mortgage payment for primary residence
- Utilities to prevent termination of service
- Food to prevent privation
- Emergency travel
- Emergency POV issues:gas, repair, insurance, loan payment for essential vehicle or rental vehicle
- Down payment for POV purchase when cost repair exceeds value
- Funeral expenses
- Necessary medical and dental expenses not covered by insurance
- Repair or purchase of stove or refrigerator for primary residence
- Repair or purchase of HVAC for primary residence
- Purchase of economical/essential furniture (initial set up or disaster situation only)
- Purchase of child care seat
- Non-receipt of pay or loss of funds
- Essential Furniture for initial setup or due to disaster
- Nonessential needs
- Ordinary leave or vacation
- Fines or legal expenses
- Consumer debt, credit cards, or overdrawn bank accounts
- Home purchase, improvements, or repairs (other then mentioned above)
- Leave of a vehicle
This Family and MWR Activity is closed until further notice as a precautionary safety measure due to the COVID-19 virus. Please check back regularly for re-opening announcements. In addition, please follow Team Redstone social media and local news outlets for updated information.
Anyone needing AER assistance for a financial emergency, please call American Red Cross at +1(877)272-7337.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Army Emergency Relief (AER) is a private, nonprofit organization, incorporated in 1942 by the Secretary of War and the Army Chief of Staff, which provides emergency financial assistance. Request for assistance and appointments during normal operating hours can be made by calling +1(256)876-5397. After duty hours and weekend emergencies can be assisted by calling the American Red Cross toll free, +1(877)272-7337.
AER is available to active duty Soldiers and their Family members; ARNG and USAR Soldiers on active duty for more that 30 days, under title 10 orders, and their Family members; retired Soldiers and their Family members; surviving spouses and orphans of Soldiers who die while on active duty or after they retire.
AER can normally assist with emergency needs for:
AER does not assist with:
Active Duty Soldiers needing assistance will need the application for Army Emergency Relief Assistance, AER Form 101.
Active duty Family members requiring assistance when their Soldier is not in the local area will need to provide a current Military ID, a Power of Attorney (POA), copy of orders, current address of Soldier, and other substantiating documents provided on the AER Checklist.
The Redstone Arsenal AER office also provides emergency assistance to members of other services through their respective aid societies. Army service members can also receive assistance at any Navy/Marine Relief Society, Air Force Aid Society or Coast Guard Mutual Aid Society. If there is no military aid society within a 50 mile radius, assistance can be obtained by calling the American Red Cross toll free, +1(877)272-7337. AER also provides scholarship programs for spouse and dependent children of active duty, retired, and fallen Soldiers. AER's Education Program is a secondary mission to help Army Families with the costs of education. Forms and detailed information on the AER scholarship programs can be obtained by visiting www.armyemergencyrelief.org