- Deployment Support to Soldiers and units preparing to deploy or returning from a deployment. Information and referral services assist Soldiers and Family members dealing with deployment and redeployment questions, concerns, and challenges. Services can be tailored to assist commanders in meeting the deployment and redeployment needs of their SFRG. Commanders also have the virtual SFRG (vSFRG) as a tool to communicate with their SFRG membership in a secure online environment, especially during deployment.
- Family Readiness Training for command teams, Command Family Readiness Representatives, and SFRG volunteers.
- Emergency Family Assistance, provided when disaster strikes an Army community and accessed through multiple methods:
- Through an ADPAAS electronic assessment, Soldiers and Families can identify needs, which will be assigned to the closest ACS ADPAAS case manager
- Through the Emergency Family Assistance Center (EFAC), a garrison-level, one-stop location for Soldiers, Civilians, and Family members to access needed recovery services
- During noncombatant evacuation and repatriation operations for personnel in OCONUS locations
Deployment isn’t easy. Mobilization, Deployment and Stability and Support Operations (MD&SSO) helps make it as smooth as possible—for units, Soldiers, and Families.
MD&SSO provides training and publications to help commanders, Soldiers, and Families navigate the challenges of mobilization and deployment. We also have resources for rear detachment cadre and Soldier and Family Readiness Group (SFRG) leaders.
We assist the chain of command by empowering SFRG leadership and volunteers, providing them with robust training and resources to maintain a successful and effective SFRG. In addition, Family Readiness Support Assistants (FRSAs) provide administrative and logistical support to commanders, rear detachment commanders, and SFRG leaders.
MD&SSO also assists during Noncombatant Evacuation and Repatriation Operations. During emergencies, the Army Disaster Personnel Accountability and Assessment System (ADPAAS) helps gain accountability, assess Family needs, and coordinate assistance.
The MD&SSO Program provides:
Other Deployment Readiness Resources
Plan My Deployment. Military OneSource’s Plan My Deployment provides tips, resources, and articles to help prepare for all phases of the deployment. Click here to access Plan My Deployment.
Soldier and Family Readiness Groups (SFRGs). SFRGs and virtual SFRGs (vSFRGs) offer Families official and accurate command information, connect Soldiers and Families to the chain of command, provide a network of mutual support, and connect SFRG members to on/off-post community resources.
Social Media. Social media can be a powerful tool to inform, influence, and engage Soldiers and Families. Click here to access the Army's Social Media site.
Ready Army. Ready Army is the Army’s proactive campaign to increase the resilience of the Army community and enhance its readiness by taking stock of and preparing for relevant hazards. Click here to access Ready Army
(Non-Government Links, No Endorsement Implied)
Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program (YRRP). YRRP is a DoD-wide effort to promote the well-being of National Guard and reserve members, as well as their Families and communities, by connecting them with resources throughout the phases of deployment. Click here to access YRRP.
24-hour Family Assistance Center, Toll free number for family issues and crises 1-866-272-6981.
The Mobilization and Deployment Readiness Program provides assistance and support to families of Active Component, Reserve Component, and National Guard forces and emergency essential civilians to support of military operations, deployment, or mobilization to enhance unit cohesion and increase readiness.