- Active Duty Military
- DOD/DA Civilian
- Contractors working on Redstone
- DOJ Employees
- NASA Employees
Child care fees are based on Total Family Income (TFI), not rank or grade. The Army funds the difference in what you pay and the actual cost of care.
- How child care and school age fees are determined: DoD has established 13 child care income categories based on TFI levels, with a fee range in each category. A Family's TFI determines its unique income category (1 - 13). Fee rates vary by location, but all are within DoD income category fee ranges. Each Family's fee depends on its income category and the fee rate established for your installation.
- Fees may be further reduced if you: Have more than one child enrolled in CYS programs Choose the combined Before and After School Option for School-Age services Volunteer to work within Child, Youth & School Services or can document financial hardship
- Fees for Summer and Seasonal Camps are charged on a weekly basis.
- Waiting List
The goal of CYS Services is to provide each Family with a child care option that meets their needs. Because there are a limited number of spaces available, in some locations it may be necessary for Families to be placed on waiting lists. A Family does not have to register prior to being placed on the waiting list.
To be placed on a waiting list, visit Military Child Care.
- Support readiness by reducing lost duty time due to conflict between parental responsibilities and unit mission requirements.
- Support parental child-rearing responsibilities by providing developmentally appropriate quality care options for children.
- Support Service families in their effort to attain economic self-sufficiency by providing accessible and affordable child care for working parents.
You may enroll your child(ren) in one of the following programs at the Parent Central Services Registration at Pershing Welcome Center Building 3443 Aerobee Rd or call +1(256)876-3704.
- Child Development Center 6 weeks - 5 years
- School Age Services - Kindergarten - 5th grade
- Middle School and Teen - 6th - 12th grade
- Youth Sports and Fitness
- Instructional Classes
Full day care offered on school out days and vacation.
All staff undergoes numerous background checks and participates in ongoing training. Training areas include first aid, CPR, safety and health considerations for young children, and child growth and development.
Face covering REQUIRED in this facility regardless of vaccination status.
In accordance with the Department of Defense memorandum (28 July 2021), in order to mitigate the risks associated with the spread of COVID-19, a face covering is required to be worn at all times while visiting the facility.