- Private Organizations
Private Organizations that wish to operate on Redstone Arsenal are required to register with the PO coordinator. The paperwork must be reviewed by the office of the SJA and approved by the Garrison Commander. The process takes approximately 60-90 days and must be completed before an organization is granted authorization to operate as a PO on Redstone Arsenal. Submit requests to the PO Coordinator, Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (IMRE-MWN-M), 1500 Weeden Mountain Road, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama 35898. Refer to letter of application sample below.
Private Organizations that are currently registered on Redstone Arsenal must renew their status 2 years from the date of approval of their last request. This must be completed prior to expiration of the organization's most recent approval in order to continue uninterrupted operations on Redstone Arsenal.
Private Organizations must maintain a current record at all times with DFMWR, Resource Management Division (RMD) and submit the following documents on an annual basis: new board members to include a daytime telephone number and email address, latest copy of meeting minutes, a yearly financial statement if annual revenue exceeds $1000, proof of bonding and insurance, and recent audit report. Failure to maintain a current record will result in loss of status as a PO for one year.
- Approved Private Organizations on Redstone Arsenal
- Alabama Center of Military History
- American Society of Military Comptrollers
- Association of the U.S. Army (Redstone-Huntsville Chapter)
- Girls Scouts of North-Central Alabama
- Military Officers Association of America
- Redstone Arsenal Military & Civilians Club
- Redstone Model Railroad Club
- Redstone Thrift Shop
- SAVE International
- Sergeants Major Association
- Still Serving Veterans
- United States Army Warrant Officers Association
- Becoming a Private Organization
- Letter of Application Sample
- Private Organizations Standard Operating Procedure 210-7
- Private Organizations Disclaimer
- Private Organizations Regulation 210-22
- Army Regulation 215-1
If you have any questions, please contact the Private Organization Coordinator at
- Fundraising on Redstone Arsenal
All fundraising activities on USAG-Redstone Arsenal require prior written approval by the Director, Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (DFMWR). The DFMWR establishes the authority and determines location, time, and parameters for all fundraising events on
USAG-Redstone Arsenal. Unit Commanders and Family Readiness Group (FRG) leaders are ultimately responsible for conducting fundraising events that abide by the established polices and regulations.
Fundraising requests must be submitted in person or by mail at least twenty (20) business days in advance of request date to Fundraising Coordinator at Bldg. 1500 Weeden Mountain Road, Redstone Arsenal, AL 35898.